- The corporate officer responsible for designing and implementing many of the firm's financing and investing activities. The New York Times Financial Glossary————The corporate officer responsible for designing and implementing a firm's financing and investing activities. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *treasurer treas‧ur‧er [ˈtreʒərə ǁ -ər] noun [countable] JOBS FINANCEsomeone who is in charge of the money for an organization, company etc:
• He's the treasurer of the Bank of Scotland.
• Money managers and corporate treasurers readily switch funds on the market.
* * *treasurer UK US /ˈtreʒərər/ noun [C] FINANCE► someone who is responsible for the money and bank accounts of a company or organization: company/corporate/group treasurers »
Corporate treasurers have picked up the pace of bond sales as the government bond market continues to rally.treasurer of sth »
He has served as the elected treasurer of the union since 2008.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Treasurer — Treas ur*er, n. [OE. tresourer, F. tr[ e]sorier.] One who has the care of a treasure or treasure or treasury; an officer who receives the public money arising from taxes and duties, or other sources of revenue, takes charge of the same, and… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
treasurer — trea·sur·er n: an officer entrusted with the receipt, care, and disbursement of funds: as a: a governmental officer charged with keeping, receiving, and disbursing public revenues b: the executive financial officer of a club, society, or business … Law dictionary
treasurer — late 13c., from O.Fr. tresorier (see TREASURE (Cf. treasure)) … Etymology dictionary
treasurer — ► NOUN ▪ a person appointed to administer or manage the financial assets and liabilities of a society, company, etc … English terms dictionary
treasurer — [trezh′ər ər] n. [ME tresorer < Anglo Fr tresorer, for OFr tresorier < tresor: see TREASURE] a person in charge of a treasure or treasury; specif., an officer in charge of the funds or finances, as of a government, corporation, or society… … English World dictionary
Treasurer — In many governments, a treasurer is the person responsible for running the treasury. Treasurers are also employed by organizations such as clubs to look after funds.GovernmentThe Treasury of a country is the department responsible for the country … Wikipedia
treasurer — noun ADJECTIVE ▪ assistant ▪ honorary (BrE) ▪ the honorary treasurer of the rugby club ▪ corporate ▪ church, class … Collocations dictionary
Treasurer — (Roget s Thesaurus) < N PARAG:Treasurer >N GRP: N 1 Sgm: N 1 treasurer treasurer Sgm: N 1 bursar bursar bursary Sgm: N 1 purser purser purse bearer Sgm: N 1 cash keeper cash keeper banker Sgm: N 1 depositary … English dictionary for students
treasurer — noun a person appointed to administer or manage the financial assets and liabilities of a society, company, etc. ↘(also Lord Treasurer or Lord High Treasurer) Brit. historical the head of the Exchequer. Derivatives treasurership noun … English new terms dictionary
treasurer — UK [ˈtreʒərə(r)] / US [ˈtreʒərər] noun [countable] Word forms treasurer : singular treasurer plural treasurers someone who is in charge of the money that belongs to an organization … English dictionary